Japan imposes a ban on the export of certain goods to Russia, as reported by the Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry of the country.
“The Japanese government has decided, in connection with the international situation around Ukraine, as a contribution to international efforts to solve this problem and to establish peace, to impose a ban on exports to Russia of goods that can serve to strengthen military power,” the ministry said.
Under the ban are:
- nuclear materials and devices, equipment for processing radioactive materials;
- equipment for oil and gas exploration;
- batons, tear gas;
- vaccines, medical products, devices for tests;
- fingerprint powder;
- equipment for X-ray inspection;
- equipment for the production of composite materials;
- portable electric generators,
- drilling rigs;
- substances that can be used for military purposes as raw materials;
- toxic chemicals;
- … .
It is specified that the measures will be introduced from February 3 of this year.
In addition, Tokyo imposes sanctions against 22 individuals and 3 companies whose assets will be frozen, and will ban the supply of goods to 49 Russian organizations and firms. In particular, Japan will freeze the assets of the son of ex-President of Ukraine, Alexander Yanukovych, as well as some Ukrainian businessmen and representatives of the administrations of the new regions of Russia.
To date, the Japanese government has imposed sanctions against 818 people, 227 companies and organizations, 11 banks from Russia due to the events in Ukraine.
Source: RIA Novosti