Ukrainian authorities are urging their citizens to leave the southern regions of the country, which are now under the control of the Russian army, as Kiev is reportedly preparing a counteroffensive in this direction, according to the country’s Deputy Prime Minister Irina Vereshchuk on Sunday, July 10.
According to Vereshchuk, the armed forces of Ukraine will launch a counteroffensive in the near future.
“I don’t know on what date this will happen, but I know for sure that there should definitely be no women and children. It is clear that there will be active hostilities, including shelling, so we urge our citizens to urgently evacuate,” Vereshchuk warned.
Earlier, the Minister of Defense of Ukraine, Alexey Reznikov, told The Times that the country’s president, Vladimir Zelensky, had given the order to prepare for an assault on the coastal regions of the south of the country. To do this, Kiev has gathered a million-strong army, and a plan is being worked out to attack those areas that are “politically” important to Ukraine.
“We understand that, politically, it’s very necessary for our country. The president has given the order to the supreme military chief to draw up plans,” he said.
He claimed that Ukraine has “approximately 700,000 in the armed forces” and added that “if you add the national guard, police, border guard,” then there is “around a million” people.
Reznikov praised the British effort to help Ukraine, especially Ben Wallace, Britain’s defense secretary, who, according to him, helped to shift the approach from providing Soviet equipment to NATO-standard 155 mm artillery, guided multiple launch rocket systems, and high-tech drones. According to Reznikov, this will make up for heavy losses in the Donbass region, where, according to Zelensky, Ukraine was losing about 200 men a day.
Russian hackers reveal Ukraine’s army real losses
The casualties among the Ukrainian armed forces since the start of Russia’s special military operation currently stand between at least 50,000-70,000, a member of the RaHDIt Russian hacker group told Sputnik.
The adviser to the head of Ukraine’s presidential office, Alexei Arestovich, said at the beginning of June that up to 10,000 Ukrainian troops have been killed since the start of Russia’s special operation.
“The losses of the Ukrainian army are really very high, much higher than what the office of the president officially declares[…] They are greatly underestimated, there are clearly not 10, but at least 50-70 thousand losses,” the hacker said on condition of anonymity.
The Russian group of hackers received its name as a response to “the whole world” that accuses “us of all sins”. The team members said, everybody blames Russia and says, “Russian hackers did it”, so they decided to “comply”, though turned “evil” from the empty accusations. So now the team name means “Russian angry hackers did it” (RaHDit).
Last week, the RaHDit hacker group released personal data of 2,500 officers of the Main Intelligence Directorate (GUR) of the military department of Ukraine. The hackers said that the published data contains information about the individuals who have been receiving payments from the GUR bank accounts.
According to RaHDit on their official website called NemeZida (Nemesis, a Greek goddess of retribution), among the GUR officers, there are drug addicts and former criminals convicted of robbery, illegal trafficking of weapons and drugs, infliction of grave bodily injuries, and rape.