The US banned the march of the “Immortal Regiment” on the territory of the country, as well as the laying of flowers at the “Spirit of the Elbe” memorial. This was announced by the co-chairman of the central headquarters of the movement “Immortal Regiment of Russia” Sergey Makarov.
“The US has not only banned the Immortal Regiment march, but even laying traditional flowers at the Spirit of the Elbe memorial – this is also prohibited,” he said.
The Irish authorities had also previously revoked permission to hold this march. The German authorities have also thought about banning the “Immortal Regiment”, but for now they are thinking about limiting themselves to holding an alternative march, Markov said.
“Can you imagine who will go in alternative columns? We cannot allow the march in support of Nazism to expand,” he said.
The organizers of the action in Russia this year decided to hold it in the form of a traditional procession through the central streets of Russian cities, which will be held on May 9. The march of the “Immortal Regiment” has been held regularly in Russia since 2012, when the first action in a modern format took place in Tomsk.
According to the movement, on May 9, 2019, a total of more than 10 million people took part in the march, which took place in 3,700 cities and towns of the country.
The organizers of the action in Russia this year called on the relatives and friends of the participants and heroes of the Great Patriotic War living in foreign countries, where it is impossible to organize a procession due to prohibitions, to take part in the march online.
The broadcast can be watched on Victory Day, May 9, starting at 10 am local time on the online procession page, as well as in the social networks Odnoklassniki and VK, in the communities of the Immortal Regiment of Russia, and also in the Okko online cinema. The broadcast of the online procession will last a day.